How to set this up

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Can somebody provide some simple instructions as to how to set this up?  I do not find the documentation particularly helpful in this respect.  For example I can see that there is a sample 'Food Database' application but I cannot seem to get it running, and trying just to include the 'Wintellect.Sterling' project in my solution, setting a reference to it, and entering the sample code just produces the error:

Error 1 'SA_STERLING_1.MyDatabase._RegisterTables()': cannot change access modifiers when overriding 'protected' inherited member 'Wintellect.Sterling.Database.BaseDatabaseInstance._RegisterTables()' G:\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\STERLING\SA_STERLING_1\SA_STERLING_1\MainPage.xaml.cs 28 48 SA_STERLING_1

suggestions, help, anyone, please?

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2010 at 10:41 PM

It sounds like you tried to implement _RegisterTables as public or private instead of protected. Can you change the access and let me know how that works? If you want to post the "MyDatabase" class here I'll be happy to look it over as well.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Hi, I changed the access to protected and I no longer get the error.  I was following the code in the quick start and that uses public. 

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Thanks for the catch. I've fixed the documention.