Major Performance Improvements

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

After finding out how expensive it is to grab the isolated storage monicker, I optimized some of this. It's still a work in progress because IsoStorageHelper eventually will lose the "IDisosable" interface but working through revisions.

In the mean time if you click on the Source Code tab and download the latest you can see for yourself how the application fares.

We'll be working on fixes for the scenario where properties are defined as interfaces or abstract classes as well as supporting Nullable<T> (the properties now support null values, but not yet Nullable<T>, so something like string will work but int? will not yet).

Thanks for all of your support and patience. We are looking to really hit these important pieces and have them tested thoroughly before doing the 1.0 release. I've tested extensively on Silverlight/Browser but not the phone - if anyone would like to volunteer for building out a set of tests for the Phone and helping test there that would be great, let me know.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I am about to start a WP7 app this week:

I should pull down the latest source version, right?

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Yes. Latest has a ton of goodies too, including null properties, Nullable<T>, automatic enum support, etc. The two remaining items before I clean up bugs and release an official 1.0 are just:

1. Recognize and support IDictionary, and

2. Handle interface/abstract properties