can i use sterling in ERP based Big application

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hi all.

i am developing ERP based Silvelight app in Prism architecture.No Sql subject is new for me but i am interested in it.i need guidance from you people can we use sterling database as our main database.does sterling generated files to save data? can we save or backup those files.

what you people think does any one have use it with BIG Line Of Business applications?

please guide me thanks

Waqas

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

The size of the application isn't what will impact use of Sterling. It is the data persistence needs. It doesn't matter if you have a small application or a huge enterprise one, that's application detail. It's what goes into and out of the persistencel layer that is important. Sterling has been used in many large, enterprise systems but not for storing millions of rows of data. It's not designed nor suited for that. It's designed for flexibility of what it can save and providing enough local storage for a user to quickly navigate what they need. For example, we use it for an in-memory cache for one customer to prevent having to round-trip to the network each time they are searching volumes of data.