Support for trusted out-of-browser applications?

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Hi,

working on a silverlight out-of-browser application with elevated trust I have modified the SterlingDB to support the access of the local file system. Trusted applications can access System.IO  and related types that are otherwise unavailable.

Using that modified version of SterlingDB I was able to reduce the time to write 1000 elements from 18 seconds to 3 seconds. It would be nice to have support for trusted OOB applications in the next version.

Best regards,
kallocain

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:09 PM

That's exciting. Why not use the contact form to ping me with your email, and if you are interested we cant talk about getting that into the main trunk to release officially. I am close to 1.0 RTM and believe this would be a fantastic feature to show.

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Hi,

I have done a few performance checks against the current sources (72798) and since Sterling DB is now using a memory buffer, the isolated storage scenario is much faster. But using the local filesystem in an out-of-browser application with elevated trust is still faster. Now the time for storing 1000 elements in isolated storage is about 11 seconds, running the same test out-of-browser with elevated trust takes only 2.8 seconds. So I guess, support for trusted OOB would still be a nice feature ;)

Best regards,
kallocain