1.4 version - Change Set: 76663 not saving data

May 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I have been using latest stable version but I had strange problem with data being corrupted (probably something with indexes). I was told 1.4Beta can rebuild indexes so I gave it a try. I have followed the tutorial for 1.0, only change was renaming the

_RegisterTables -> RegisterTables

When I try to save data everything works (data is correctly inserted), but if I restart my app, everything is gone. Before I show my code, should I change anything else for migrating from 1.0 to 1.4?

Best regards,

May 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

So the example of rebuilding indexes is in the migration script, it's not baked in yet, but it essentially involves looping through the keys, loading the objects and then calling refresh. This should not have to be a matter of course, however, as persistent should work with regular flushes.

The default in 1.4 is an in-memory database, please read the instructions to pass a driver for the isolated storage (persisted) version.

May 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Bad mistake :) As you said, I had to pass IsolatedStorageDriver as described in http://sterling.codeplex.com/discussions/253312